[mythtv-users] LIRC with Myth and Mplayer = interference

Dr. C Mythology drcphd at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 13:06:12 EST 2005

Hi,
I'm wondering if it's possible to use MythTV's native LIRC support , and
still be able to control mplayer without affecting MythTV:

Example:
(entry in my .lircrc file)
begin
prog = mythtv
button = Pause
config = P
end
When I launch mplayer and press 'Pause', it'll tell MythTV to 'Pause' as
well. In this case it's not a problem, but let's take the Power button.
Regardless of the program I'm currently running, a press of the Power button
will affect MythTV (exit).

So, how can I prevent this from happening?
Thanks for any help.

By the way, another question: is the idea behind the lircrc file to use only
_one_? That is, not run irxevent with one lircrc file, mythtv with a second
one, and mplayer with a third one. I can safely put every config in one
file?