[mythtv-users] LIRC weirdness

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Sun Dec 18 02:16:21 EST 2005

>Does myth run with the same privledges as your manual
>tests?
>
>Does the emitter flash at all (view it through a digital camera
>or video cam to convert it to visible wavelength).

Hi John,

Thanks for the post. I'd looked at the privilege stuff but given that I
could prove that the script was being run by Mythtv, it just didn't change
the channel, I figured that this was not the problem.

Just a couple of minutes ago I tracked the problem down to the fact that the
freqid column in the channel table of Myth's database was not filled.

Once I updated this column with the values in the channum column it all came
good.

It seems that Myth sends the freqid column to the channel change script and
not the channum as you would expect.

I suspect that this is a result of the messing about with Australian
tv_grab_au scripts. Mythfilldatabase etc that I've had to do.

WAF just shot up a couple more notches!   :)

Regards
Marty