[mythtv-users] Help with xorg.conf

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 22:23:15 EST 2005

Well I have to admit that I finally took the plunge and purchased a Sony
KDS-R60XBR1. Basically it is Sony's 60" 1280p model. I am trying to
configure my FC3/Mythbox for the new TV and not even sure where to start.

First question: My TV has four modes that will adjust the picture. I think
this was designed so that you could choose between 4:3 and 16:9. In a
perfect world shouldn't Myth takeup the entire screen without using the
additional modes?

Second Question: How is everyone determing what the mode line should be in
xorg.conf file. Best way I have seen is PowerStrip method but I can't
believe that I have to install Windows to do anything in Linux. I have read
over some of the guides that Jarod points to but they talk about a lot of
history but I need a Configuring xorg.conf for Dummies. How does everyone
come up with this line?

Third Question: Is anyone else using the KDS-R60XBR1 so we can compare
notes?

Thanks for any help.

Allan Wilson