[mythtv-users] recording every day....

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Dec 17 19:51:45 EST 2005

Maurizio Salvadeo wrote:
> hi, is my first time in the list. i'd like to record a program every day,
> also saturday and sunday, and for a long period. my mythtv schedules only
> weekdays for 2 weeks. someone know how to do it?

This sounds like you are using Manual Recording. If so, you may
have wanted to mention that so that you wouldn't get a clueless
wrong answer in reply (however, knowing the M.O. of the responder,
I'm not sure that would have prevented it). If you are not grabbing
listings yet, you should try to resolve that as soon as possible
as recording from TV listings is much more useful than manual
recording.

If you were recording from listings and set a Timeslot rule, it
would record only on the days where that title was in the listing
at that time on that station regardless of the day of the week.

If, on the other hand, you set a Manual rule to "Record in this
timeslot every day", many shows are Monday thru Friday and should
be recorded five days a week and other things like The Weather
Channel could record seven day per week. The way to make this
distinction in myth is if the "Date or day of the week" is set
to Saturday or Sunday, it will schedule a manual record all seven
days, otherwise M-F only.

For 5-day, 7-day or once per week, the scheduler fills in about
two weeks worth and as days pass, the last scheduled date moves
ahead to always be about two weeks away.

Hope this helps,

--  bjm