[mythtv-users] Video distortion/fracturing at top quarter of screen

Alan Anderson andersonas at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 16 17:29:23 EST 2005

Hi,

I tried ivtv v0.4.0 and v0.4.1 both have the distortion under mplayer.

This morning I dropped back to ivtv V0.3.8 and the firmware from the atrpms
kits.

md5sum /lib/modules/HcwMakoA.ROM /lib/modules/ivtv-fw-enc.bin
aa4d1e3dd17667957d8fe5b8d2d19395  /lib/modules/HcwMakoA.ROM
6e2012d919fa48811c27e25e54a0a5dc  /lib/modules/ivtv-fw-enc.bin

So far no distortion, and its been running all day.  And the picture is much
better then 0.4.1, which had a ghost image off to the right.  Maybe it could
be adjusted, I did not try since the distortion was still present.

I do not know if this helped the sound failure issue it is much more
intermittant.  It will be several weeks till I am sure that issue is gone or
not.

With the latest ivtv-fw-enc.bin firmware file with a md5sum of:
5f5fa240ada73c3565f5f7de4c7b5138

All three ivtv version I tried would lock up the pvr150 v0.3.8,  v0.4.0 and
v0.4.1.  But only under mythtv, mplayer had no problems at all.  A reload of
the older firmware un-locked the pvr-150 so mplayer or mythtv was happy once
more.  I do not have a clue why mthtv would have this issue  with only a
firmware change.   Mythtv mythtv-frontend-0.18.1-115.rhfc4.at

V0.4.1 and 0.4.0 had a distortion issue under mplayer no matter what firmware
file I tried.

The pvr-150 is on a SBE so it took me a while to figure out the distortion was
only on the SBE recordings and even longer to get it through my head that it
was not just a bad cable or noise.

The intermittant garbled sound was the sampling rate set too low  32000 not
48000.

--
Alan Anderson
andersonas at adelphia.net