[mythtv-users] Building first MythTV back end box...

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Dec 16 11:30:48 EST 2005

On 16-Dec-05, at 11:08 AM, Kirk Grell wrote:

> I could bump down to PVR-150.  Main thing is that I
> really want as high quality of video as I can get
> before transcoding.  In terms of MPEG2, does output
> from the PVR-150 look as good as output from the
> PVR-350?

The 150 tuner chips are more recent than the 350's so they might be
better. The ivtv-dev list would be a good place to search for that kind
of info. On the other hand if your input is a satellite you're probably
going to record from the svideo input so tuner is not so relevant.

The other consideration is 350s run a lot hotter than the other
Hauppauge cards. IIRC the video display chips run at full blast whether
you're using them or not.

- George