[mythtv-users] MythTV and PSP

Darren Poulson mythtv at 22balmoralroad.net
Thu Dec 15 18:49:27 EST 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 23:43, Greg Oliver wrote:
> I also run Gentoo and would like to know if ffmpeg --help lists anything
> specific regarding the PSP compatibility when it works (I know mine does
> not), but would like it to work without having to hack the ebuilds.  I
> do not have a PSP either, but plan on getting one soon and would
> definitely like this ability.

Try ffmpeg -formats and look for mention of psp.

It is one of the benefits of Gentoo! :) I ran it for a while, but after a hard
drive failure I couldn't be bothered re-installing (recompiling) it all
again. Been trying out kubuntu recently, but I'm back with Mandriva!

> -Greg
>
> On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 12:40 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> > I note that you had to do a ot of shagging around with ffmpeg to get the
> > latest version.
> >
> > Although i don't have a PSP to test on I made a PS capable file for the
> > hell of it a while ago.
> >
> > IIRC there was no problem with the current version of ffmpeg in gentoo.

I'd tried the latest version of ffmpeg from CVS, and whilst it compiled and
converted the videos fine, they wouldn't play on my PSP.

All the screwing around was the only way I got it to work. Trust me, I'm a
lazy sod, if there was an easier way to do it I would! ;)

Darren.