[mythtv-users] Need help / suggestion for building a myth box

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 20:13:04 EST 2005

>  Regarding MythMusic, I'll refrain from saying anything as I have nothing
> nice to say.  If there are users out there who listen to a lot of music (as
> many hours/day as TV) and use MythMusic, I implore them to come forward and
> share their success stories.

I use MythMusic more than any other module -- if I'm awake, at home,
and not watching something, then the music is pretty much always on.

I agree that playlist management is clumsy and navigation needs work,
but I don't have any major problems with it -- I've got ~ 6,000 tracks
altogether sorted by genre/artist/album/00_track.ogg.

I'm no fan of ID3 tagging so disable it in the setup, and change the
sorting method to 'directory'. I also generally only set up a playlist
every couple weeks. I'll generally put around 50 to 100 albums in the
kitty and have it play randomly.

It does crash to the desktop occasionally, although the seg faults
seem more rare since I upgraded to 18.1 on new hardware a couple
months ago.

There's a lot of room for improvement, but MythMusic is most certainly
functional.