[mythtv-users] Need help / suggestion for building a myth box

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 10:12:19 EST 2005

Chris Ribe wrote:

> Your DirecTivo will not work as a backend.  Depending on the model,
> you might be able to export recordings from it after extensive
> hacking, but there probably isn't a solution you are going to like
> that will work with your DirecTivo. (Full disclosure: I use a
> DirecTiVo for watching TV and a MythTV system for tinkering - and in
> the hope that it will one day work better than my DirecTivo.)
>
> Regarding MythMusic, I'll refrain from saying anything as I have
> nothing nice to say.  If there are users out there who listen to a lot
> of music (as many hours/day as TV) and use MythMusic, I implore them
> to come forward and share their success stories.

I don't know what you mean by success, but if that's just having it
working, then yes I play music with visualizations and all :D
It doesn't crash or do anything wierd.  However, when displaying
visualizations full screen, it won't display the track name when the
song changes.  Other than that works great have no other gripes.  I
wouldn't say I listen as many hours as watching TV, but almost as much.
Sound is pretty good coming out of my onboard chip; could be better with
a better card of course.
Raphael