[mythtv-users] A good quiz game for those party nights, for linux??

myth-users at jammeh.co.uk myth-users at jammeh.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 17:58:11 EST 2005

Todd Ignasiak wrote:
> On 12/10/05, *Sami Röppänen* <sami.roppanen at helsinki.fi
> <mailto:sami.roppanen at helsinki.fi>> wrote:
>

>     Hi,
>
>     Just a thought... I dont know if you people know these touchscreen
>     quiz machines laying around the service stations and restaurants...
>     I admit I am a bit addicted to the quiz part of those machines, and
>     can't understand why nobody hasn't made them into linux games.. What
>     is more fun than that with some good friends...

> I suppose a basic trivia quiz game would be very easy to do as a web
> application..  Simply linking the questions & answers would be no
> problem.    Probably the biggest difficulty would be to get a good
> database of trivia questions.

Probably the easiest way to find a decent list of suitable trivia
questions would be via the irc quiz bots that have literally thousands
of daft questions to ask. Many of these are released as open source.

A google with various combinations of "quiz infobot trivia questions
irc" might be productive.

  --

Jam