[mythtv-users] Sound card issue

Peter Osterberg Peter at supergirl.se
Tue Dec 13 03:09:35 EST 2005

I've a on-board audiocard with both coax and optical out. I've never got
it to work very well.

The card plays perfectly well using analog out, except from the audio
quality...

The audio works fine for about 5-10 minutes when using digital out.
After 5-10 minutes the sound disapears for some seconds and comes back
again. This behavior continues until the computer is rebooted. I started
to think that this was driver related. I have a spare Windows disk for
this computer as well and I decided to try if it worked better in
Windows. I have the same problem in Windows so that eliminates the
driver theory.
Could this really be hardware related? It doesn't matter if I use coax
or optical in either operating system.
I think that it is a bit odd to think that it should be hardware related
since it always works for about 5-10 minutes an then won't work again
until rebooted. The reboot part somewhat directs me to hardware but why
5-10 minutes. It would last for seconds if it were some kind of buffer
problem.

Anyone?

PS. Please tell me if anyone knows were I can buy a Turlte Beach
Catalina card in Sweden. Rplace replace replace.... =o)