[mythtv-users] Re: No sound from HD-3000 sometime after svn 7031,

Shermann Min shermann at aya.yale.edu
Mon Dec 12 12:35:42 EST 2005

> Take a deep breath, move up to DVB.

I thought I'd update you guys, as well as anyone else who at some
point followed this thread. So I finally took my deep breath and
and upgraded to Suse 10.

For those of you out there also planning to upgrade, this is what
happened to me. I chose the upgrade route rather than a clean
install. All went smoothly except nvidia and sound drivers
wouldn't install (hung on modprobe), and tuner cards were
detected and seemingly configured by Yast correctly but not
working properly with Myth.

I finally traced it to the ivtv drivers for my PVR-250 (I have
ivtv-0.3.7c-3, ivtv-firmware-2.02.023-1, & perl-Video-ivtv-0.13-2
packages installed). I tried swapping around PCI slots and
finally ended up just pulling out the PVR-250 card altogether
since I rarely  watch analog cable these days anyway. That solved
all problems.

So... HD-3000 card is now using DVB drivers, I'm on SVN 8152, and
all of my previous problems appear to be solved. Myth is able to
scan for channels automatically, subchannel tuning works again.
I'm even still using the underscore notation. There's a weirdness
with mythtv-setup complaining that the card is tuned to a
nonexistent channel but that might be a DB data problem.

In any case, thanks for your help. I have yet to search the
archives for ivtv issues, so I'll do that next. I should add that
during the several days when my system was (seemingly) utterly
nonfunctioning in terms of PVR functionality, it was working
enough such that mythbackend still recorded shows off the HD
card!

Shermann