[mythtv-users] Is there any ordering dependency between transcodingand commflagging?

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 10:44:59 EST 2005

Mike Grusin wrote:

>What I'd like to know, is if there's an easy way to toggle auto-skip on and
>off while watching a recording?  Rewinding into the commercial zone, you
>have to be very careful not to hit that first "jump" or it helpfully
>shuttles you around it again...
>
>-MG.

Yup that would be an annoying problem to hit the jump point again.
Probably you knew this already and this is not your "easy" solution,
but, just map the key 'm' to somewhere on your remote to get your on
screen menu (or hit the m button on your keyboard of course, or whatever
key you mapped it to).  In there is the commercial autoskip option for
the current recording.  Select the menu item and you get a set of
checkboxes.  Just hit autoskip off, or notify only.  Have to do it
sometimes myself for those shows where the commflag is messed up, and it
skips the commercials in the last 10 min of a show, but skips all the
way to end of the recording by accident.
Raphael