[mythtv-users] Fast-forward/rewind does not work after 50 minutes over remote frontend

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 19:03:14 EST 2005

On 12/11/05, Jordack <jordack at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been having the same problem for a long time
> now.  Luckily most of my recordings are only an hour
> but it is still frustrating.
>
> It only happens on the remote front end.  If I play
> the recording on the back-end I don't have the
> problem.
>
> I'm mounting the /video volume on the front end with
>
> --/etc/fstab
> //192.168.1.10/video smbfs
> username=mythtv,password=password
>
> The backend volume type is xfs

i think samba only supports a 2gig file size.  newer versions of nfs
should be able to get around the 2gig limit but you may need a mount
option to force to use nfsv3 i think.

in any case, why are you mounting the recorded stuff on the FE?  why
not just let myth do what it does best and stream the files.  seems
the easiest solution to me.