[mythtv-users] How do I get rid of old erring jobs?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Dec 10 12:04:46 EST 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 01:43, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:34:56 -0800
>     From: Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com>
>
>     On Saturday 10 December 2005 00:19, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     > In 0.18.1:
>     >
>     > Since I've been experimenting with transcoding, I've built up a
>     > couple dozen jobs that mythweb all claims to be in "Errored" state.
>     > Some of these are more than a week old.  Not only is this annoying to
>     > see there, but running "mythbackend -v all" is getting tedious, since
>     > it mentions 60-odd old jobs every single iteration (currently ten
>     > seconds since I have the job queue set to check frequently).
>     >
>     > How do I make these go away?  Shouldn't they have gone away on their
>     > own?
>
>     Assuming I'm understanding the situation right, you should be able to
> go ino the frontend -> Info -> Job Queue, you can select jobs and delete
> them there.
>
> Err, well, almost.  I can -see- them there, but I have no idea how to
> delete them.  I don't know what event name I should use to map to a
> button on my remote, so I tried running mythfrontend in an X window
> on a machine with a keyboard attached to it, but of -course- "?" doesn't
> show any self-documentation, and none of mMdD do anything, and I can't
> seem to find anything on the web documenting what valid commands might
> exist in this window, so I'm still stumped.
>
> Any ideas?  If I navigate into that window with rightarrow, I can
> scroll up & down over the jobs, and hitting Enter on one gives me
> a menu that says "Requeue Job?" with choices of Yes and No.  But I
> sure don't see a choice to -delete- the job...

I seem to recall either the select or menu button on my remote popping a
dialog that let me delete jobs. Of course, now I try that just now, looking
at some jobs that recently ran to completion, and all I get is the requeue
choices. Odd. It was just a few days ago that a job that didn't run
successfully was sitting in there, and one of the menu choices was to delete
the job...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com