[mythtv-users] Glitches in firewire capture from DCT-6200

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:04:11 EST 2005

there was a thread a while back regarding this. You can search on Gossamer for
more info. basically you want to run this bash script. It will set the p2p or
broadcast connection to 1 depending on what your machine will use. From what
I've found bcast is prefered when available, which is why it comes second
(since its one or the other) p2p is sometimes only available and when this is
the case its fine. data_rate doesn't need to be 3, but it increases speed if
your using firewire for capture and not just channel changing. I have it run
before mythbackend starts when I run it via init.d and I've found it resets
sometimes so I run it hourly as a cron job.

oh, and the -n # is which node it is. In case you have more than one firewire
connection have it run for each connection as well.

#!/bin/bash
plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].channel=63
plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].n_p2p_connections=1
plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].bcast_connection=1
plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].data_rate=3

--
Steve