[mythtv-users] mythbackend can't find channel is database

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 22:16:12 EST 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:53:42 -0800
Mitko Haralanov <voidtrance at comcast.net> wrote:

> 	After playing with the channel setup and number, I finally have
> all the channels that I can receive over the air with their correct
> channel number in the database and Zap2It with the correct listings.
>
> 	However, now I am having a problem getting mythbackend to find
> the channels in the database so it can get the channel options. I get
> the following messages in the log:
>
> 2005-12-07 23:41:31.131 DVB#0 Using DVB card 0, with frontend pcHDTV HD3000 HDTV.
> 2005-12-07 23:41:31.134 DVB#0 ERROR - Unable to find channel in database.
> 2005-12-07 23:41:31.135 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options for channel .
> 2005-12-07 23:41:31.138 DVB#0 Recorder: Card opened successfully (using PS mode).
> 2005-12-07 23:41:31.149 DVB#0 ERROR - No PIDS set, please correct your channel setup.
>

> 	I know that the No PIDs message means that the staring channel
> is invalid. I tried setting the starting channel to 2_1 (that channel is
> in the database with that channel number) but I get the same message
> and when I look in the database, the startchan field of the HD3000 in
> the cardinput table is empty!!
>
> 	Is the problem that mythbackend does not know how to accept
> channels of the form 2_1? If that is the problem, how should the
> channels be represented?

	Well, I still have not been able to find a solution to this!
Unfortunately, it renders LiveTV unusable since the HD3000 seems to be
the default tuner that mythbackend wants to use and, therefore, I can
never get into LiveTV to change the inputs to one of the PVR-250s.

	I would appreciate any help on this!!

	One thing that I noticed is that the channel table in the
database does not have anything in the mplexid, serviceid, and
atscsrcid columns for the HD3000 channels. Is that how it should be?

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net