[mythtv-users] Xv strangeness...

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Wed Dec 7 01:02:43 EST 2005

Ok, here's an odd one... I have been building a new diskless HDTV FE/BE
lately. I plan on hooking this up to a Panasonic CT-34WX15 HD Tube.
After having built it next to my desk, attached to my desktop's monitor,
I thought I had everything working fine... HD playback was working,
recording OTA was working, etc.   Now, I go to hook it up to my HDTV,
and as soon as I tell it to play anything: BOOM. hard crash with a black
screen. Nothing is making it into the syslog, so no luck there.

The one thing that I have discovered is that if I playback content with
mplayer, it works fine using the -vo x11 option, and crashes exactly the
same way using the -vo xv option, again, while attached to the HDTV.

Anyone seen this before?

Help! :)

        --Matt