[mythtv-users] Changing "watch recordings" groups

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Dec 6 11:04:01 EST 2005

> what I don't like, is how every movie that i record gets its own program group
> created, with  (obviously) only one "episode" inside the group.  What I was
> wondering is, if there was a special way to continue grouping by show title
> for everything except movies, and have all movies go into a "special" group,
> called "Movies".  I'd be happy moving them manually after recording is done,
> or automatically would be even better!

The groupings are normally determined by the programs's title and subtitle unless
you've turned on some other settings in which case you may see categories or
recording groups I believe.  I think what you want can be accomplished in current
SVN by using the title/subtitle editor for a recording and changing the title to
"Movies" and the subtitle to the actual movie name.  If you're running a 0.18.x
version, you'll have to wait for 0.19.  If you're running SVN, look on the popup INFO
menu for a recording to access the editor.

--
Chris