[mythtv-users] Mplayer Ignores Keyboard Commands

Jared Warren jawarren at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 21:14:28 EST 2005

I'm setting up my mythtv box incrementally, so before I added a
remote, I wanted to make sure I could do everything with a keyboard --
unfortunately I can't. Using the video plugin, once mplayer starts
playing a video, no keyboard commands (including q or [esc] to quit)
are operable. Xorg keyboard commands (eg: Alt-Ctl-+) do work as does
mplayer control via the mouse wheel. Mplayer commands work when it is
not being started by mythtv.

I'm running mythtv-0.18.1-5 on Ubuntu/breezy. The VideoDefaultPlayer
command is `mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo gl2 %s` (the gl2 is to fix
GeForce2 tv output, but the problem persists with xv as a video output
driver). The problem also seems to occur using totem-xine as a video
player (but it was screwy and I didn't spend much time on it).

Can anyone think of a solution? Thanks!