[mythtv-users] Automount confusion

mythtv at jehster.net mythtv at jehster.net
Sat Dec 3 11:17:11 EST 2005

jonny Linux wrote:
> to view videos from a DVD using mythvideo. I'm trying to use automount,
> but
> whatever I do, nothing seems to happen. I have a DVD-RW on hdb, and in
> /etc/auto.misc I have:
> cd        -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/hdb
>
> in /etc/auto.master I have:
>
> /mnt/auto  /etc/auto.misc --timeout=60
>
> If I start the autofs service, and put in a DVD, nothing happens. The
> /mnt/auto directory is empty.

I just happened to be doing the same thing a few minutes ago. The man page
for auto.master reads:

  "For  indirect  automount  maps  access to an automounted file system is
  customarily done using the path scheme:

  /mountpoint/key/path/file"

Your mount point is "/mnt/auto" and your key is "cd", so try using
/mnt/auto/cd and you should get results.

Roy