[mythtv-users] Automount confusion

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 06:45:24 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm confused about where mythtv can help me here, and what I need to set up
myself. I have my mythtv backend and frontend on a FC3 system, and I'd like
to view videos from a DVD using mythvideo. I'm trying to use automount, but
whatever I do, nothing seems to happen. I have a DVD-RW on hdb, and in
/etc/auto.misc I have:
cd        -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/hdb

in /etc/auto.master I have:

/mnt/auto  /etc/auto.misc --timeout=60

If I start the autofs service, and put in a DVD, nothing happens. The
/mnt/auto directory is empty.

I can't find any logs for automount.

Also, does myth's monitor CD/DVD make any difference? Will it replace the
need for automount?

Thanks,

Jonny