[mythtv-users] Start of Cut Points not Honored In Recordings.

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 00:27:09 EST 2005

I've been watching some programming info that I've recorded recently and
I've noticed that commercial breaks START early, on movies about 40-60
seconds early.  The weird thing is that the end of break is right where it's
supposed to be.  I've found that shorter shows like 30 minute sitcoms have
less of a delta from the skip point to the actual commercial break point
(maybe 5-15 seconds).  I don't claim to know how it works but it seems like
there's a mismatch between the recording timestamps and myth's time keeper.
The longer the time between a break the more time the commerical start point
if off by, when jumping to a known spot in the stream it's spot-on.

Just FYI: I'm using a DVB-T card with SVN myth (8101), though I'm not sure
it matters.  Also, this happens on manual cutpoints as well as the ones
found by the commercial flagger.  Also, this also affects my transcoded
videos, huge bummer because I can't get a good transcode to work without
lopping of something I wanted.

Thanks for any help,
-Greg