[mythtv-users] cd ripping slow? -> What's to be expected.

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 21:29:43 EST 2005

Well, for that CPU, 6x ripping is about right.  Remember that ripping
the CD isn't just about raw data transfer from the disk, it's got to
be converted from cdda to mp3 in the process.  If in doubt, install
grip and run that on the desktop.  There you can see the transfer from
disk speed separate from the convert to mp3 speed.  The second is by
far the slowest link in the chain.

--
Eric Ladner