[mythtv-users] How big is your database?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Dec 1 10:34:55 EST 2005

Around about 01/12/05 05:36, Claude Boucher typed ...
> ...  I usually optimize my
> database once a week, removing deleted data with phpMyAdmin.

   Any chance you could expand on this?

   My box has been in solid use for 9-odd months, but all I do is backup the
SQL [currently every night, with a back-up file per day of the week;  if it's
going to start getting *really* big I'll have to drop that (it's bz-compressed)].

   I don't do any SQL admin. other than manual fixing of the occasional stuff.
  I've certinly not run the 'optimise' (?) tool/command, or any other manual
housekeeping.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature