[mythtv-users] Adding movies to MythTV

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 06:16:59 EST 2005

> I'd like to add external movies in different formats, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, etc.
> to MythTV.
> The same goes for mp3 and photos.
> I couldn't find any documentation related to how can I do it.

For music you need to use the MythMusic application. For photos you
need MythGallery. For external movies it's MythVideo. Have a bit of a
search around for these. There's probably not a huge amount of docco
on them. I think most people just go into the apps and start playing
with them to see how they work.

You will need to go into the Setup screens for them first to tell Myth
which directories the files will all live in.

Regards,
Phill