[mythtv-users] mute doesn't work, tuner stays on composite, small problems

Xamindar junkxamindar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 03:45:57 EST 2005

I asked this on mythtvtalk.com but didn't get any answers so I'll try
here.

Hey I love mythtv! Everything works great but there are just a couple of
things I am having trouble configuring.

1) The main tuner I am using is a pvr-150 it is perfect except I can't
mute the sound. Volume controls work fine though.

2) My secondary tuner is an old ati tv wonder card. I added a menu
option so I could use it's composite to play my gamecube
<http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1850&highlight=>. If I
go to watch tv after using the composite the tuner is still on composite
for livetv. How can I have livetv change it to the tuner instead of
leaving it on composite? I have the default set to television in the
tuner config so I don't understand why it doesn't switch it back.

3) I also get no sound when I switch to the tv wonder tuner card. In
alsamixer I set capture to the line in and muted it (volume is set to
maximum as well). Could this be related to the mute problem above?

Thanks for any help! Very Happy  I apologize if these questions have
been asked before.