[mythtv-users] Adding a DVB-C card

Peter Martens petermartens at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:31:07 UTC 2005

All,

I have a perfectly running mythtv (on FC3) with a PVR-350 and a
PVR-150. I recently got a DVB-C card which I want to add to the
system. I have a few questions:

- Will adding this card do something which can corrupt my database?
- I think I have to add xmltvids after scanning for channels? Will the
DVB card behave as another analogue card in LiveTV? I mean will Mythtv
know when to use the dvb-card or when to use the analogue card, since
there will be many channels overlapping and I would like to use the
dvb-card as "primary"-card. Or will channels which are on the dvb-card
be displayed as "other" channels then the analogue ones? Hope you all
understand what I am trying to ask...

Thanks in advance

Peter