[mythtv-users] channel frequency editing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 31 06:42:46 UTC 2005

Ben Luey wrote:

>I've got MythTV up and running (thanks for the previous help) on fedora
>core 4 system with a bttv capture card. I live in the US and get NTSC
>through cable and use Zap2It to get my tv listings. Using MythTv (or
>tvtime) my channel frequencies are way off: channel 9 is 8, 60 is 57,
>etc (I believe this is a problem with my tuner card). I'm wondering what
>is the best way to deal with this. The channels are off by too much to
>use the fine-tuning option in Myth. (Also it is a pain -- go to
>mythtvsetup, change the fine tuning, close, open mythtvfrontend, check
>the tine tuning, repeat until good then go to next channel). Is there a
>simple way I can edit the frequency start and step between channels? Or
>at least manually enter a frequency for each channel?

Sounds like you're using the wrong tuner definition.  Look at the

options bttv tuner=XX

line in your mod{ules,probe}.conf.  XX should be YY.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the values of XX or YY are, but, on the
bright side, there are only 66 tuners to try (0 through 66, but you can
skip 4, because it means no tuner ;).  If you're not a fan of the
brute-force approach, you can probably narrow the possibilities down
significantly with a well-phrased Google search.

Mike