[mythtv-users] S-Video capture card choices?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 31 06:26:09 UTC 2005

Blake wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:55:00 -0700, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> As far as the rebates go, watch CompUSA, Circuit City, etc.  They
>> typically have a good rebate every couple of weeks (none this week,
>> though).  I'm guessing (assuming you're in the US) Labor Day weekend
>> will be the time to buy.
>
> I would, but I'm allergic to rebates. Or they're allergic to me.
> Whatever,  I never get the money back, so I tend not to buy things
> with rebates  unless they're in-store/instant.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10383781&loc=101&sp=1

No remote (it's the MCE version), but $63 and no rebates and free
shipping.  IMHO, being forced to use an IR-based RC5 remote is too much
of a hassle, anyway.  I have two PVR-x50 remotes I'm not using (one from
my PVR-350 and one from the PVR-250).  So, really, the tuner is not the
only part of the card I paid for but am not using.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10385910&loc=101&sp=1

If you really want the remote, $85, no rebates, and free shipping.  But,
you can build the serial IR receiver ( http://lirc.org/receivers.html )
for a lot less than $22.

Mike