[mythtv-users] Kworld V-Stream XPert S-Video input howto

Ben debian-list at blueturtles.com
Wed Aug 31 03:31:57 UTC 2005

I have 3 Kworld V-Stream Xpert cards setup correctly for DVB-T input
with MythTV.
I would like to able to utilize the S-video inputs so I can hook up the
VCR and switch between DVB / S-video.  Using the 'c' command in livetv
only gives me the DVBinput.
However I cannot get  both the  DVBinput *AND* the S-video to work
together.  When I add 3 V4L devices in Myth Setup (giving me a total of
6 Input sources),  Live TV then picks up the S-video/ composite  input
(I can switch between the two using 'c'), but now I cannot see the
DVBinput.  Is there a way of switching between DVBinput and S-video
directly using this card?
I've googled around but  and come up with a couple of references for
what is happening:

Kworld cards DVB / S-video, but it doesn't quite explain how to be able
to switch between the two in Myth:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-February/000046.html

S-Video input hack:  Shows how to switch between the two using a hack
channel input
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-December/022862.html

Is the hack still necessary to get the S-video input to work? Is there
now a more elegant solution, and if so could someone please the steps
necessary so I can switch between DVB & S-video.

Cheers

Ben