[mythtv-users] Any Fedora Core 3 nuvexport RPMs out there?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Aug 30 20:58:58 UTC 2005

> Thanks! That does explain the issues I was having with trying to get
> nuvexport to do mpeg2 cuts under FC4...
>
> Are there any other options to use other than lve? If not, I will look into
> setting up a second box running something other than FC3/4 to do this.

There are various GOP-cutters out there, but from what I understand,
lvemux is the ONLY muxer out there capable of dealing with frame
inconsistencies and from the ivtv files after avidemux has cut/reencoded
frames outside of GOP's...

Gavin Hurlbut is working on extracting the relevant code from lvemux and
avidemux into a separate program, but he's been busy and hasn't gotten
very far.

I've also heard rumors that there are people poking around in mythtv's
own mpeg2 transcoder again, so maybe that'll happen, too.

-Chris