[mythtv-users] Funny things happen when I move my pc

Phil Strong phil.strong.sds at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:30:15 UTC 2005

When I move my pc from my home office to my work office strange things are
happening. The setup screen comes up asking me what language I want to use.
My backend doesn't want to work. All of my settings like where my recordings
are stored and the GUI I use are back to default.

I have narrowed the cause down to a few things some more likely than others:

1. The network change is causing a different profile to load for myth
2. Severing all power to the unit is causing some strange reaction (very
unlikely ... ie unplugging it from the wall)
3. It hates me!

Help

--
Phil Strong