[mythtv-users] Watching nuv in windows.

Joshua King jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 30 09:48:52 UTC 2005

Okay I opened myself up for this...

On 30/8/05 1:10 AM, "Darren Black" <lists.drdaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/29/05, Joshua King <jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> * Supports Live TV
>
> Does it??! I mean I know it officially does, but I have been unable to
> find a player that does the business... What media player software are
> you using? And what kind of card do you have in your backend?

Typing mythlivetv:// into Firefox launched Windows Media Player (in the old
skin mode) and it played for at least a couple of minutes. I know there's a
known issue with MPEG2 and live TV according to the website. (PVR-150 in the
backend). I've yet to sit there and use it (the Windows machines in the
house aren't mine to touch, getting permission to install DSMyth to try took
subtefuge as it was ;P)

Changing channels is buried behind too many screens in Windows Media Player
that I probably wouldn't bother with it. What I suggested my folks do is
select the program from the program guide, choose Record this showing, click
Record and wait a few seconds for it to start recording and then view that,
avoiding live TV altogether.

Joshua King