[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Tue Aug 30 06:17:44 UTC 2005

HI!

Martin Bene wrote:

> As promised earlier, a new release of MythBurn is available that lets
> you recode audio to ac3 format if
> - video format is ntsc
> - there's no ac3 audio stream in the original file
> - the option to recode mpeg2 to ac3 is set
> - you've got ffmpeg and a decoder for mpeg2 audio (like mpg123 or
> madplay) installed.

I am not using your scripts at the moment, but wanted to add 2 comments:

1.
I have PAL and I always convert audio to AC3, because my Toshiba DVD
player requires some switching in the menu, if I want to hear MPEG
audio. So, converting to AC3 should not be restricted to NTSC.

2.
You don't need mpg123 or madplay for conversion of MPEG audio to AC3.
This is how I convert with ffmpeg alone:
ffmpeg -y -i "$1.mp2" -acodec ac3 -ab 224 "$1.ac3"

Thomas