[mythtv-users] mythtranscode and nuvexport (memory usage and swapping)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Aug 29 23:37:37 UTC 2005

>>If you're hitting swap, then one of the nuvexport
>>calls is broken and
>>the fifo is getting disconnected (audio or video),
>>which causes
>>mythtranscode to continue to write to the fifo
>>(which is cached in RAM).
>>

> http://www.pvrguide.no-ip.com/bbs-old/viewtopic.php?t=26826

Yes, you posted that before.  Has nothing to do with nuvexport --debug
or providing more info as to WHY the fifo is getting broken.

also, linking to a "how to compile program X" is a lot less helpful than
linking to the program itself:

http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=CrudeMPEG2cutForDVB

> commercial_cut which I am pretty sure is not a GOP
> cut.

If it doesn't cut on GOP, and doesn't reencode frames it cuts BETWEEN
the GOP, then it's useless and will result in all kinds of sync issues
because it won't necessarily be cutting on an I frame.  (if you don't
get them, you're lucky)

> Sorry all my mistake about the container comment.

No biggie.  I'm more upset at the devs for introducing this problem,
since it's one of the single biggest issues of confusion for new users.

-Chris