[mythtv-users] Single Recod - Not Listed

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Aug 29 21:38:48 UTC 2005

Mercury Morris wrote:
> On 8/29/05, Greg Grotsky <spikeygg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Anyone know what "Single Record - Not Listed" means in the EPG?  I
>>scheduled some movies to record that were off in the future and I have
>>since been recompiling and installing newer versions of MythTV (svn).
>>Now when my "single record" movies come up they are not getting
>>recorded.  I go into the EPG or the upcoming recordings and they all
>>say "Single Record - Not Listed", but it's right there in the EPG.
>

> No, I don't know what "Single Record - Not Listed" means, at least not for sure.
>
> But, Sunday afternoon, I happened to notice something quite similar, a line
> in Upcoming Recordings saying, "Not Found" (or maybe "Not Listed").

Definitely "Not Listed"...

> ABC-TV changed the name of their 36 Greatest NFL Moments show,

Might you be shown in this?

> which I had scheduled days ahead of time, to something else.
>
> I looked in the EPG, saw that the name was much shorter, and then
> scheduled a singled-record of the newly-named program.  My guess
> is that the program would NOT have been recorded unless I scheduled
> the newly-named show,

That's exactly what we're after; to let you know that it changed
so you can try to fix it. Two bottles of Champagne ;-).

>  OR punched an override with the remote on the
> Upcoming Recordings list.

I don't think an override would work but making a new rule for
the short title is the right thing to do.

> So, after all that long-winded blather, do you suppose that the names of
> Your Movies were changed from the time you scheduled them ?
> Just an idea.  Seems like a mean-spirited thing to do to MythTV folks,
> changing the names of programs After they are first listed in the guide.

It's an even meaner thing to do to T... the leading commercial DVR
users. This is a new feature in myth to let MythTV users know that
they are being jerked around (but I don't really think the stations
are being malicious when they make these changes =).

One question might be why it doesn't record it anyway. That might
be good if it is the same show with a slightly different title but
almost every time a different title appears it is a completely
different show. The show you set the single rule for may still be
planned but in a different time slot. In any case, the "Not Listed"
lets you know that something isn't the same anymore and the show
you asked for is not going to record.

--  bjm