[mythtv-users] capture card

Joshua King jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 29 09:32:51 UTC 2005

Hi James,

On 29/8/05 7:58 AM, "James Howison" <james at freelancepropaganda.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if the minimum system requirements listed on the
> Hauppauge site (ie PII 733Mhz for the PVR-150 and PIII 1.2GHz)
> applies to using the cards under Linux and MythTV, or are those just
> for the bundled windows software?

That's for Windows. The absolute requirements for Linux/MythTV would depend
on what you use it for (is it a backend or a combined backend/frontend?).

I put a PVR-150MCE (PAL) into my combined backend/frontend about 2 weeks ago
now and its working fine. I'm using a PIII 550MHz, so you'll be fine.
Playback would be your issue, but I guess that depends on your graphics
card. I transcode much of my content or stream it.

> Any point in trying the PVR-150 in
> a box with a PII 713Mhz?

Yes. Works in mine, yours is faster and would have a faster bus so I see no
problems.

Joshua King