[mythtv-users] yum and GPG keys

Zak onlydarksets at mahshie.net
Sun Aug 28 14:19:03 UTC 2005

I got the error below when I try to install mythtv-suite on FC4 using
Jarod's guide (# yum install mythtv-suite).  I know nothing about yum
(all my previous installations used apt-get).  As it turns out
(http://www.fedorafaq.org/#gpgsig), I guess yum automatically verifies
the files using the PGP code for the rpms.  I had to manually import a
bunch of codes, namely:

rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY*
rpm --import http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/gpg-pubkey-ff6382fa-3e1ab2ca
rpm --import http://dries.studentenweb.org/rpm/RPM-GPG-KEY.dries.txt
rpm --import http://ATrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms
rpm --import http://rpm.livna.org/RPM-LIVNA-GPG-KEY

So, it seems like it's working now (it's in the process of installing),
but hopefully this will save somebody else some headaches.

Zak

Transaction Summary

Install     88 Package(s)         Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)         Total download size: 58 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID db42a60e
public key not available for perl-XML-SAX-0.12-7.noarch.rpm
Retrieving GPG key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

The GPG key at file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora (0x4F2A6FD2)
is already installed but is not the correct key for this package.
Check that this is the correct key for the "Fedora Core 4 - i386 - Base"
repository.