[mythtv-users] Methods for perfecting NVidia TV Output (was 350 Tv Out vs. Nvidia 5200)

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 08:03:59 UTC 2005

>  I was using a VGA to SCART convertor until a month or so ago. For
reference, my modeline was:-
 Modeline "720x576pali" 13.875 720 724 792 888 576 580 583 625 -hsync -vsync
interlace
 This centered the picture for me and gave superb results with nvidia 6629.
I had to wire in a couple of other pins as well (AV select and RGB select
from memory). I powered those from my PC power supply. I also wired in sound
and lirc and ran it over 2 CAT5 links back to my frontend machine under the
stairs!
 Despite expectations, however, the interlacing was still not working
properly for some reason - most noticeable with sports coverage. I tried
everything to try and fix it and finally noticed that xvmc gave perfect
output - properly interlaced, perfect (ie set top box quality) output.
Problem was, xvmc was still very buggy for 6629.
 Sounds as though it may now be fixed with the latest driver though.
 Regards
 Mark