[mythtv-users] PVR-150 Setup Problems

Mark Gardner markgard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 14:09:04 UTC 2005

On 8/26/05, tufkal <tufkal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will try to be as thorough as possible to expediate this.  Got a pair
> of PVR-150 cards today to replace my BT878 cards.  Tossed em into my
> backend and dove into HOWTOs and FAQs at various websites.  So far here
> is where I am.
<SNIP>
> I got static fading in and out.  Tried changing channels it was the
> same.  Fading in and out of a black screen and static.  I tried cat
> /dev/video0 to a .mpg and playing it with mplayer and found the same
> output.  I also tried using ptune_ui to manually tune it to a channel
> and I got same thing.

Static is a very well documented issue, try searching the archives.
But i belive it has something to do with the cards no being tuned.
Load the ptune.pl or ptune-ui.pl utility to set the input and try
changeing chanels.  My problem is usualy that the card is not using
the tuner but some other input sorce.  (not sure how the 150s work
with that though).

--
            _\ | /_
           (@ @)