[mythtv-users] LIRC: MythTV native support & other

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 07:29:44 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, Dr. C Mythology <drcphd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I just got lirc to work yesterday, but I have to problems.
>
> First, it seems like my IR receiver is reacting to something else than
> my remote. When running irrecord or irw I can clearly see that it
> prints out button names or dots when I'm not touching the remote. Does
> anyone know what's wrong here?
>

> Second, I don't know how to make mythtv native lirc support work.
> Here's an example on how my buttons have been set up:
>
> /etc/lircd.conf:
>     Power    0x000000000000002F
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc:
>     prog: mythtv
>     button: Power
>     config: Key Escape CurrentWindow
>
> Lircd is running, and mythfrontend gives me this:
>
> LircClient warning: attempt to convert 'Key 4 CurrentWindow' to a key
> sequence failed. Fix your key mappings.

As Jon pointed out in the thread, you are incorrectly configuring the
MythTV event (you current format is for irxevent, or non-native LIRC)
I've included the first 4 commands (cursors) from my lircrc for you
(the config= section should be the actual keystroke you use on the
keyboard, which you then map to a button on the remote):

# Up
begin
remote = SKY_NAVIGATOR
prog = mythtv
button = UP
repeat = 3
config = Up
end

# Down
begin
remote = SKY_NAVIGATOR
prog = mythtv
button = DOWN
repeat = 3
config = Down
end

# Left
begin
remote = SKY_NAVIGATOR
prog = mythtv
button = LEFT
repeat = 3
config = Left
end

# Right
begin
remote = SKY_NAVIGATOR
prog = mythtv
button = RIGHT
repeat = 3
config = Right
end

I would take a look at Jarod's FC guide for a complete lircrc and the
names of any keys you are not sure about (you can also use xkbwatch to
tell you the name of the event a key gives)

Nick