[mythtv-users] Mythvideo & Mythmusic database

Dr. C Mythology drcphd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 20:28:43 UTC 2005

Yeah, that's possible.
Make your frontend machine connect to the backend mysql database.
In the mythfrontend setup, go to 'General' and set 'Host name' to the
IP of your backend machine. Check if he user/password is correct.

Also make sure the mythtv mysql user is allowed to connect from
outside the localhost. On your backend machine, do this:
$ mysql -uroot -p
<enter password>
$ use mysql
$ SELECT User,Host,Password FROM user;

If you have only one mythtv entry with 'localhost' as host:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON mythconverg.* TO 'mythtv'@'<frontend ip>'
IDENTIFIED BY '<same password>'