[mythtv-users] ATI Tv Wonder Pro

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Thu Aug 25 19:25:02 UTC 2005

Good point.

Preferably one will read the hardware compatibility pages to determine what
works and what doesn't,
I made the same mistake with ATI's theater pro 500 card.  Excellent product,
got strong reviews. Only then did I find out that ATI doesn't want to bother
much with non Windows os's and no near term non windows support was planned.
Fortunately, I only buy hardware that have a user friendly return policy.
So I returned the card and now only purchased linux supported items.

Another bit note worthy, if some products claim to be compatible but really
are not.  Case in point I purchased a lower cost sati controller that stated
to be compatible but they were not nor did any of the tech support team have
a clue why I couldn't get the card to function.  Again I returned the card
and purchased a name brand that uses the same chipset. Problem solved.  So
trying to say 10 or 20 bucks is sometimes going to cost you more in the end.

 When it comes to impulse buying of hardware and linux, it not a good idea.
Research the product then buy.
You'll save time and money spent in gas going to and from the hardware shop.