[mythtv-users] Which Window Manager?

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Thu Aug 25 02:38:11 UTC 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> My workaround:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82722#82722

hmm, not exactly the same problem ... mine doesn't happen when returning
from xine (that actually works *every* time) ... it's when i change
screens within mythtv that it doesn't always work ... namely when it
changes from one of the normal screens to one that uses obvious Qt
widgets instead of the nicer-looking images as in the main menu ...

the first time i noticed it was because my ATI Remote Wonder oftentimes
skips two screens when using the power button, so i jump from the
"Optical Discs" menu all the way to the "Are you sure you want to exit
mythtv?" screen ... i'd have to mess w/ the mouse on the remote, because
a lot of the times that exit screen wouldn't let me select "No" (i
really didn't want to exit!) due to the fact that somehow it didn't have
focus ... BUT i later found i could hit power and would be taken back to
the main menu again ... why does power work, but the arrow keys don't?
no buttons were focused (it's obvious in the theme/color scheme i'm
using, since the button with the key is much brighter) ... sometimes
when i get to the exit screen a button is focused, otherwise not ... i
can't find any reason why it is intermittant ...

thanks!
-g-