[mythtv-users] Digital Foxtel Integration (Australia)

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 02:01:11 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, Barry Hee <barryhee at gmail.com> wrote:
> After searching the forums I am unsure of the following aspects
> regarding IR transmission. ie controlling the Pace DC420 STB via LIRC.
> I did find a product from IRTrans (www.irtrans.de/en/) which seems
> exactly what I am after as it states that it controls Pace STBs
> although its expensive at 99 Euros.
>
> Has anybody been successfully in controlling the Pace STB via some
> IRBlaster? (homebrew or retail product).  Also does the retail version
> of the PVR 150 contain an IRBlaster as it does in the US?

I'm in NZ and am controlling my Sky Digital box with a homebrew
transmitter I build from the plans on lirc.org. I'd be very surprised
if you couldn't get a homemade blaster to control your Pace box. Pace
make one of the models of decoder that Sky Digital use, though not the
one I've got (mine's a Motorla DTH335-4, had a Zenith DTH310-4 before
that) so I don't have direct experience but I'd give it a go anyway as
the parts for the blaster shouldn't cost more than about $20.

Steve