[mythtv-users] PCHDTV3000+winTV250+NvidiaFX5200

Jim Valavanis jimvman at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 19:23:39 UTC 2005

Hello again everybody,

I purchased a PCHDTV3000 card and tried migrating the "working (but
without the HD3000)" knoppmyth4.5 system to Fedora Core4 and the latest
mythtv .18 but have had a lot of problems.  I have the following
hardware to try to get working:

Hauppauge PVR250
NVIDIA GForce 5200 (dual DVI output card)
PCHDTV3000
IR Blaster (for tuning digital cable box from Motorola)

Originally I tried configuring this box without the HDTV card and was
somewhat successful.  But the backend died randomly when watching "Live
TV", with errors like...

2005-07-20 13:20:10.942 RingBuffer::RingBuffer(): Failed to open remote
file ()
2005-07-20 13:20:10.946 WriteStringList: Bad socket
2005-07-20 13:20:10.946 ReadStringList: Bad socket

Then I tried installing the HDTV3000 card and it got worse.  I was
unable to get the card to be detected by the system.  I was also
receiving PCI Interrupt errors on bootup.
The motherboard I'm using is an Asus ATX KT400 (ASU-A7V8X-X).   I've had
PCI Interrupt failures in the past, but now I added the HDTV card they
are happening all the time.  I personally think this particular
Motherboard with VIA chipset is troublesome.

Does anyone have any recommendation on another type of Motherboard that
will work well with this hardware and Fedora Core 4?

Or any other ideas as to what the problem is in getting the HDTV card
working?

Thanks,

Jim