[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: VIA SP13000 will not power-down

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Aug 24 14:33:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:29:11 +1000 (EST), Jon Whitear wrote:

>>> I have an SP13000, running Mandrake 10.2 with epia patched 2.6.12.3-epia
>>> kernel.
>>>
>>> Whether I run "shutdown -h now" from a console window, or select
>>> Shutdown
>>> from the 'Start Menu', the machine switches to run-mode 0, does all the
>>> usual things, but stops/hangs at Power Down.
>
>Sounds like you don't have ACPI configured in your kernel.

Now THAT'S a good pointer! Thanks. ACPI is included in the kernel but your
post points out to me that I have no idea what, if any, configuration
might be required beyond that....
More time to be wasted........ <font sarcastic>  Ohhh goodie! </font
sarcastic>.

This tends to get tiresome. I've now spent well in excess 30 hours on this
project. It is astounding how none of the recipes given in the various
how-tos actually correspond with each other, and how there is always at
least one 'make' which will not configure or compile properly....On Monday
mythtv-setup finally launched...but I still have to do other stuff first
it seems, and I'm still not sure that XvMC-whatever is properly running..

Geoff
R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638