[mythtv-users] Watch TV works, but recording doesn't.

Andrew Haigh andrewhaigh at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 24 10:11:49 UTC 2005

Hello Ryan/Michael,
Sorry for the lack of quoting - I don't think I've setup my user profile
sensibly in the mythtv-users list yet :-(

Anyway, I can browse through all the program guide and see whats on
without any problems. However, I have not setup a means for Myth to
change the channel, or understand what it is I'm currently watching,
because I don't have any suitable IR hardware yet.

Am I right in thinking Myth will not record unless it thinks it knows
what it is being watched? This seems very silly - my old VCR doesn't
have any problems doing this!

One reason I've not setup the channels yet is because I watch NTL
digital cable in the UK, and I've not seen anyone else explain how to
associate the channel data with the cable-box channel numbers yet...its
a lot of hassle to type them all in by hand :-(

Cheers,
-- Andrew