[mythtv-users] CF-S66 Mainboard - Black and white TV out?

Graham Bishop grim_b at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 08:12:49 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I have been using Mythtv for a few months now and having decided to try
tv  out and set up a machine in my front room for the family to use, I
bought a CF-7989P4 (Shuttle clone type)

My problem is that when I connect it via either S-Video or Composite I
only get black and white output?  I have tried a couple of TVs and I
searched through my mailing list mails and found others that have had
this problem when using the PVR350.  As I am not using this card or
indeed any card (This will be a frontend only) I have tried changing
cables and all sorts.  I was wondering if anyone knows what I can try
next?  There is no info on the website, in the manual or from the
supplier....

I realise this is a bit off topic, but if people want to use this
hardware in the future it might help them too.

Please note that this is to be used in the UK on a PAL environment if
that helps?  I am begining to think it is a problem with the actual
mainboard as even BIOS is in Black and White.

Thanks for any help you can give or any suggestions you can make.

Best regards and keep up the great work,
Stressed User.